|Topic title||Research Project Management|
|Workload in h|
|Target groups||Food professionals, students|
|Language of delivery||English|
Rainer SvacinkaUniversity of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
|Additional trainers||One Thai trainer required|
|Previous knowledge expected||none|
1. Get an overview on available project management methodologies and standards and its relevance for research projects.
2. Understand what project management means and covers.
3. Participants learn how to define and structure objectives and non-objectives.
4. Learn how to word deliverables and effective milestones.
5. Learn how to build up a project consortium in the project preparation phase (proposal phase).
6. Learn about the important tasks, activities and outputs of a kick-off meeting
7. Learn how to break down the project work in work packages and efficiently manage those WPs.
8. Some basic rules to plan a realistic project budget and ways to control and manage project finances
9. Learn about common project management structures and procedures
10. Get an overview on available management tools and how to apply them in a project
11. Know about the main steps of project reporting and controlling
12. Learn about ways to plan for good quality and perform quality assurance.13. Learn to manage the project close down process and the close down meeting to successfully close a project
|Teaching method||Lectures and groupworks|
|Criteria & registration||
Maximum 20 participantsFee according to expenses and expected number of participants and location
|Assessment of achievements||Written test|
|Further information||This workshop – Research Project management – took place 6-7 September 2018|
- Members only